So many of property investors got started by reading one of Robert Kiyosaki’s books.
So today I thought I’d share some of Robert Kiyosaki’s key quotes to help you create long-lasting wealth in real estate.
1. People think that working hard for money and then buying things that make them look rich will make them rich. In most cases it doesn’t. It only makes them more tired. They call it ‘Keeping up with the Joneses.’ And if you notice, the Joneses are exhausted.”
2. The wealthy buy luxuries last, while the poor and middle-class tend to buy luxuries first. Why? Emotional discipline.
3. The only difference between a rich person and a poor person is what they do in their spare time.
4. “The poor and middle class work for money. The rich have money work for them. The rich buy or create assets that work for them so they don’t have to.”
5. You need to understand the difference between an asset and a liability. An asset puts money in your pocket and a liability takes money from your pocket. The rich understand the difference and buy assets, not liabilities.
6. The rich focus on their asset columns while the poor and middle class focus on their income columns.
7. Most people never get wealthy simply because they are not trained financially to recognize opportunities right in front of them. The rich have learned to recognize opportunities as well as how to create them.
8. There are three very important money skills that everyone should possess: how to earn money, how to manage it and how to invest it.
9. Work to learn–don’t work for money. To become successful you must learn how to manage cash flow, systems and people. Being in the Marines taught me leadership and working in sales for Xerox taught me how to sell and how to accept rejection. All of these skills were important for my success. Look for jobs that can help you develop the skills of managing cash flow, systems and people rather than just pay you well.
10. Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow. The poor, the unsuccessful, the unhappy, the unhealthy are the ones who use the word tomorrow the most.